Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Pool Piggies - Jeannie Lieu (InsideoutJeans)

Hi everyone! Jeannie here from InsideoutJeans... annnnd... is it summer yet?! This new Pool Piggies stamp set makes me want to head to the pool ASAP.

I was really excited about this set and as you can tell I had to use all of them at once, which needed a larger card size (5x7). I think it turned out really well and SURPRISE! the piggies in the ocean can float around... 

There's a few elements that pull this scene together. 

For the beach, I cut out the sand part from white paper and used distress inks to make it a sandy color. I added light brown dots around the edges to give it a more dimensional look. 


For the ocean, I cut out waves from vellum and colored the edges using distress inks. I wrapped the three wave pieces around the card and glued it down from the back. By doing so, the vellum isn't completely flat and vellum raises slightly from the card looking like real waves. 

Now for the interactive part! I didn't want to use foam tape in this instance. The difficulty with using vellum is that it is see through, any glue or tape will show through. I wanted it to look seamless. It ended up being really easy! I punched a hole, using a single hole puncher, in the wave. I used a small circle as a backer. I sandwiched the pig and the small circle with a glue dot in the middle of the hole in the wave. This way, the piggies can float in the water without all the bulk. 

Hope you all enjoyed the card. This set is super cute and gives me all the summer feels! 

~ Jeannie

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!