Saturday, September 24, 2016

A Very Thankful Mouse

Hi there!
I'm Anna (al_handmade) and today I want to share with you a project featuring a sweet little mouse from the super adorable “Fall Mice” stamp set.



For this card I wanted to create a nice background to my lovely furry friend. I started drawing a sun ray shape on a white card panel and cut it off. Then I stamped some fruits and veggies with Memento Ink London Fog on copic-friendly paper and colored them with Copic Markers in order to create a colorful background pattern.
At first, I wanted to use saturated fall colors but then I decided to go for softer shades. Maybe I'm not in an autumnal state of mind yet! :) Finally I masked my colored background with the sun ray frame previously cut.



I stamped the cute critter and colored it with my Copic markers - trying to give him a furry look. Since I wanted to use a sentiment about love and affection, I added a big glossy heart in his arms.

Finally I heat embossed the sentiment on vellum with some golden powder - adding one last shiny touch to my card.



Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed this project.
See you next week!



Supplies list:
  • Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento London Fog, Versamark Ink
  • Glossy Accents
  • Copic Markers:
    Background: YR00, YR0000
    Background fruit/veggies: Y11, Y15, Y32, YR14, G20, G12, R05, E33, E43
    Heart: R14, R37, R89
    Mouse: E41, E43, E51, YR00
    Mouse Background: B0000, G20, YG03, YG25

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!