Friday, September 16, 2016

VIDEO No-Line Watercoloring featuring Cheerful Hedgehogs

Hi, friends!  It's Tara and I am so excited to share this project with you today! I promised in my last Curl E. Q&A video that I would be "falling" all over September since this is my absolute favorite season and this card just makes me all kinds of autumn happy!


I am using the Cheerful Hedgehogs and Happy Fall stamp sets from Gerda Steiner Designs and doing some no-line watercoloring for the sweet little hedgehog.  I always start by stamping my image in Antique Linen Distress Ink because it is light enough that it fades as you watercolor but dark enough to allow me to see where I need to color.  


Once my little cutie was colored I created an ink smoothed background to simulate a giant pile of fall leaves flying everywhere while this hedgie plays in the big leaf pile.  I found the perfect fall Distress Inks with Aged Mahogany, Rusty Hinge and Fossilized Amber.  So pretty!


Finally, I broke out the Copper Perfect Pearls to add some shimmer and shine.  I had so much fun creating this card!  Thank you so much for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!  Bye!

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!