Saturday, September 17, 2016

Showers of Love

Hello everyone!
I'm Anna (al_handmade) and I have the huge honor of being a Guest Designer for this awesome creative team for the next few weeks. I’m thrilled!

Today I want to share with you a card that I made featuring the adorable “Cheerful Hedgehog” stamp set. I really love these little cuties - they’re so joyful and funny!! Don't you think?



I stamped the hedgehog on my card and colored it with Copic markers, adding a little background to the scene. As I want this card to be cheerful and colorful, I rainbow-colored the umbrella and attached it to the scene with some foam tape - in order to add some dimension.
I colored the hearts in different shades of pink/red, cut them off (with my scissors and a bit of patience) and glued them on my card, creating a sort of love waterfall. I wanted them to be sparkly and glossy so I used my Glossy Accents and my Wink of Stella Clear brush to make them shine.



Finally the sentiment: I stamped half of it directly on my card and half on a piece kraft paper.
As I wanted to add some relevance to the word “love”, I created a heart texture with Versamark Ink on kraft paper, heat-embossed the sentiment and added a few colored hearts on it.



I hope you enjoy this project. Thanks for joining me today!
See you next time!

Anna



Supplies list:
  • Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark Ink
  • Glossy Accents
  • Wink of Stella Clear Brush
  • Copic Markers:
    Hedgehog: E41, E43, E44, E47, E49, E51
    Umbrella: B00, B12, B24 - YG03, YG11, YG17 - Y11, Y15, Y19 - YR00, YR02, YR07 - R32, R35, R37
    Grass: G20, YG03, YG25
    Sky: YR0000

7 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Anna! Can't believe all those hearts that you cut out. Great coloring! Thank you for being guestdesigner with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable!! I LOVE the hearts but cannot believe you cut them all out like you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww!! Totally adorable!! I love the cute scene you've made for this super sweet hedgehog! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card! Love the waterfall effect of the hearts too.
    xo Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card! Love all the hearts... that takes a lot of patience! Great coloring and details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your sweet comments! You are so kind! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!