Saturday, January 26, 2019

Two peas in a pod valentine

Hello friends! Happy Saturday!

Today I'm sharing a Valentine's Day card I made using the gorgeous new stamp set called Peas be Mine.


To start off, I stamped and coloured the adorable peas in their pod image using copic markers. I then cut it out using my scan n cut and set it aside to create the rest of the card.

Using distress inks I ink blended the background to achieve a gradient look. I then decided to apply a small falling hearts stencil and ink blend some more to add the tiny hearts on the background.

Next, I die cut the 2 stitched hearts from this background and set those hearts aside and cut some more hearts out of white cardstock and ink blended those hearts separately. I stamped the sentiment onto the darker heart and heat embossed it using clear embossing powder over the top.  I die cut the hearts three more times using white card stock and glued and stacked the heart pieces together for dimension.



I stamped a piece of A2 white card using a diagonal stripe background stamp so that I could have a small strip down each side. I trimmed the pink ombre panel so that it was slightly smaller than the diagonal panel.
Now it was time to assemble the card. First I adhered the diagonal stripe piece to the card base and then adhered the pink panel on top of that and inlaid the stacked hearts into the die cut pieces. I adhered the pea image to the bottom heart using foam tape for even more dimension.



I stamped the sentiment inside the card and added a stamped image of the peas in the pod and some hearts.

This completes the card for today, I hope you like it. I will be back next week with another cute pea card.

Enjoy your weekend!
Catherine x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!