Friday, January 18, 2019

2 Peas in a Pod



Happy Friday! Cathy here sharing a card using the new Peas Be Mine stamps. 
Aren't they so sweet?!





I had some fun with watercolor, stenciling and inks to create a happy background for them. I started by die-cutting a piece of watercolor cardstock and taping off 1/4" on all sides. I then did a wash of Daniel Smith Quinacridone Gold starting from the top and watering down the color towards the bottom to create a nice gradient.


I used a Hero Arts stencil and distress inks in Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber, Crushed Olive and Twisted Citron.

I colored the peas with Copics and fussy cut around them leaving that thin white border to help them stand out on the background.


I die-cut a banner and inked it with Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge distress inks and stamped the sentiment from this set. The patterned paper is from my stash. I love it when I find a random paper that just works.

This stamp set also comes with a Valentine's sentiment, but it's perfect for everyday love cards too.

Hope you enjoyed and see you again soon!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!