Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Hedgehog Thank You Card

Hello and thanks for stopping by. It’s Karen here today and I hope everyone had a very happy Christmas, however it was celebrated this year. I’m finding myself very much in need of some thank you cards at the moment, and luckily the Hedgehog with Gifts stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs has come to my rescue. There are so many great sentiments in this set, and I just couldn’t decide which ones to use, so I used them all! *Big grin*


I started my card by making two rows of sentiments in my stamp positioner and then stamped with Versamark ink onto my card front that I had used an anti-static powder bag on. I started at the top of my card, and then just shifted my card front up in my stamp positioner to stamp the next two lines. Once the whole card front was stamped, I added white embossing powder and heat set it. Then I ink blended the background with Distress Oxide inks in Rustic Wilderness, Evergreen Bough, Twisted Citron, and a little Speckled Egg. From white cardstock, I die cut a semi-circle and a strip of cardstock for my sentiment. I ink blended these with Speckled Egg and a little Rustic Wilderness around the edges.  I again, stamped and white heat embossed the sentiment on the strip of cardstock. 

I chose two of the three hedgehogs in this adorable stamp set and one of the gifts. When I googled hedgehogs, they have slightly darker markings around their noses, so I tried to be brave and added in some darker lines.  I have to confess, I’m a little undecided whether I like it better or not, but I wanted to give it a try.  I’ve listed the copic markers I used down below if you’re interested. I cut around the paw on the hedgehog holding the gift and then mounted the hedgehogs and sentiment on foam tape. Finally, I centered the semi-circle on the card front and attached the sentiment and hedgehogs. This was a quick and simple card to make, but those hedgehogs just steal the show!

Copic Markers used:

Hedgehogs: BODY - C1, E40, R00, N0.  BACK - W7, W5, W2, N4, E53.  FACE - W1, W3, N2

Gift - Y08, Y38, YR27 and a gold DecoColor pen for the ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!