Saturday, September 14, 2019

Moose Friend - Masculine Birthday Card

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today to share a card I created using Gerda Steiner’s upcoming new release named, Moose Friend. 

Honestly, I'm pretty neutral to moose generally but I will say this set is adorable and I love his expression. This is the perfect set that can be used for a masculine card and I know we all have a shortage of images that aren't too cutesy for the men in our lives.

For today's card, I stamped out the main moose image and colored him up. I decided to fussy cut him out because I couldn't decide what to do with him. I thought about putting him against a woodgrain background or maybe even have him up on a wall... but in the end, I found this piece of plaid patterned paper that was just perfect! The card came together quickly after that.

I trimmed down the patterned paper on the sides by half an inch and matted it on kraft cardstock. There is a small heart image, which I stamped in between all the black squares and heat embossed using gold embossing powder. It added a subtle detail to the background. 

For the sentiment, I decided to stamp the sentiment on black cardstock and heat embossed it using the same gold embossing powder. 

This turned out to be a perfect masculine card and now I have it ready in my stash for any guy's birthday, it's not too girly or cutesy and has a bit of a woodsy feel to it. What do you think? 

I have a few more ideas for this stamp set, so I'll pop in with more ideas to share with you! Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!