Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Snowmen joy!

Hi there!!

It's Yolanda here, from Scraping Time. Today I am going to show you a Christmas card.
To make it, I have used some stamps from the "Snowman friends" set and one of the presents of the "Holiday friends" set.  One of the things I love from the "Snowman friends" stamps set is that you have different stamp sizes so I decided to use one of the smallest snowmen and the medium size one to make a night scene in my card.


I love cards with volume!! Firstly, I cut out the house with my Silhouette Cameo in kraft and watercolor cardstock. Then I took a piece of watercolor cardstock and made my yellow window's background with Lawn Fawn ink. I stamped a star there and once more in another cardstock to colouring it with Wink of Stella (grey 0,8 mm marker) before sticking it on its place. I stamped, coloured with Spectrum Noir markers and cut out the two presents and set them on the window. Once I had it done, I put some acetate behind the window and sticked the yellow background with some foam to give it some depht. To finish the house, I decided to use a die cut as my sentiment.


Then, I stamped my cute snowmen. I coloured it with spectrum noir markers and I did paper piecing in the biggest one scarf. 
It was time to pay attention to my background. I used my Peerless Watercolors to make it and once it was dry, I used a stencil and white embossing paste for my snow flakes. But since, I wanted to have any special detail on my card, I thought it was a good moment to use for the first time my "Flower soft".  In Spain it´s not a very popular product, so for me it was like magic when I created my snow and some details in my snowman. You just have to put some glue and then the flower soft as it were glitter. You press gently and remove the excess. You can put a couple of coats althoug it's not necessary. I love the result! 


I think it gives a very cute touch to the snowman and the snow! 


Finally, I used some foam squares to set my house on the card. I had a really good time making this card. I hope you have enjoyed and have a great week! 

17 comments:

  1. oh.my.god
    such a cute card!!!
    Para que luego digas.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Thanks a lot !! Verás como te lo vas a tener que comprar! ;) Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Really special, sweet and gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your card and the snow! So cute!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These snowmen are great to make a scene!! Thanks so much!!!

      Delete
  4. Qué bonita, Yolanda. Donde te metes para encontrar esos productos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pues fue algo casual!! Pero para estos sellos viene que ni pintado jeje besos!

      Delete
  5. Adorable card! Love the snowman looking into the house. Nice coloring and piecing. I haven't used flower soft in a long time but it certainly does enhance the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I love this stamps and I really enjoyed adding the snow effect :) Hugs!!

      Delete
  6. Ohhhh..this card is amazing....like you!!!!!..?jajaj...kissess.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful!!! I really love it!!! Lo que tu no descubras....Jajajaja
    It's so cute! Congratulations!!!
    Kisses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!! Creo que es un producto que en Estados Unidos se usó mucho hace un tiempo pero para mí es nuevo!! :) Thanks for your visit and nice comment!

      Delete
  8. It's wonderful!!! I really love it!!! Lo que tu no descubras....Jajajaja
    It's so cute! Congratulations!!!
    Kisses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Es una tarjeta preciosa, Yolanda!!!!! La escena es muy dulce y esos muñequitos de nieve son un amor!!!! La nieve queda espectacular!!! (Y el gris con purpurina de la estrella es tan bonito.... *_^ jijijijiji!!!!)
    Besitos, cielo: muaks!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Sonia! Un placer verte por aquí! Bs

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!