Tuesday, April 2, 2024

So Grateful


Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing a card using the newly released "Best Mom Best Dad" and one of my favorite sets "Grow Happiness".  I wanted a cleaner look for this card and also decided to stay with more neutral colors.

I started this card by choosing three of the plants from the "Grow Happiness" set and stamping them on Tim Holtz distress watercolor paper (this watercolor paper is closer to a bright white than some others I've used).  Next, I used Derwent Inktense pencils and a water brush to color the plants.  Hint, for plants and flowers it's more realistic to use several different colors or shades on the leaves.  In this case I pulled some browns in with a couple greens.  After coloring the pots, I added a neutral grey to the edges to add some dimension (this is the same grey I used for the shadows underneath and on some of the leaves, pulling everything together).  Once this dried, I used Gina K Designs master layout one to cut the image out and cut a black mat for the background.



I decided to keep this card on the generic side since I didn't know what I was going to use it for yet.  I used the row of hearts and 'so grateful for you' from "Best Mom Best Dad" in a Misti to stamp the sentiment below the plants.  When working with watercolor paper, it's best to use a Misti or similar stamping device since the rougher paper usually requires you to stamp several times for a better image.  After layering the two pieces together and attaching to a kraft card base, this card was finished for me for the moment.  Any of the other sentiments (listed below) in the "Best Mom Best Dad" set will work great stamped inside of the card once I know who it's for.
Happy Father's Day
Happy Mother's Day
Thank you for all you do
You are the best

So grateful to all of you for taking the time to read about this card, happy crafting!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!