Wednesday, April 3, 2024

We're here to "chirp" you up. . .

I'm here today to take the latest Gerda creation out for a "test flight" - Happy Birthday Birds.  This is a digital stamp collection packed full of possibilities.  You can simply print, cut, color and give, or you can add an extra touch of creativity.

For my first outing I have these sweet little birdies serenading bunny and friend*, as they lounge beneath the birdies' tree.   

I resized and rotated the digital image with the blank signs, to create a portrait card.  With the addition of a hillside for the bunny to rest on, I only had to extend the lines of the tree trunk a bit, creating some distance between the branch and the ground.  To minimize background coloring, I outlined the tree, birds and notes in light blue and cut the hillside from patterned paper.  I used a copic multiliner to add my sentiment to the signs.

And yes, I also took my birdies outside to have their picture taken.  They insisted!!



The birdies are colored with copic markers in the hues of my favorite birds.

Bluebird:  FB2, B24, B32

Cardinal:  R29, R27, R35

Robin:  E74, E71, E70, glossy accents used on the spectacles

Goldfinch:  Y08, Y15, Y06

Beaks:  Y17, Y15

Tree trunk:  E29, E59, E27

Bunny:  E34, E33, E31

Outlining:  B00

*Bunny and birdie are from the GSD "How Are Ewe" stamp set.  Additional sentiments are from the GSD "Cup of Love" stamp set.

Have fun and happy crafting~Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!