Friday, September 8, 2023

Furry and Bright

     Hello! My name is Kathy Asper, and I'm excited to be a Guest DT here at Gerda Steiner Designs. I love Christmas and cats, so selected a sweet 3x4 stamp set named Furry and Bright to create my GDT card.  
     To help the colored lights stand out, I stamped the image on monochromatic patterned paper, colored the bulbs with Spectrum Noir markers, and added the soft glowing effect by using cotton-tipped swabs (Q-tips) to add smudges of soft pastel chalks. 
     Simple black photo corners help "frame" the card front! 
    All three sentiments on the card (the "punny" one on the front, and both on the inside) are from the stamp set. 
    I also like to decorate the inside of my cards to reflect the front, so was excited to find a free digital strand of Christmas lights at scrapbookandcards.com to serve as a backdrop for the festive sentiments. 
Products used in my card:
·   Kitty image and sentiments are all from Gerda Steiner Designs stamp set Furry and Bright 
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, and
    Decorating Chalk set from CRAF-T Products (Pebbles, Inc. from American Crafts also 
    makes a nice set.) 
·   Pioneer Black Photo corners 
·  Light strand backdrop, freebie, from scrapbookandcards.com is a digital image/cut file that 
    you can find HERE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!