Friday, March 2, 2018

Peeking Easter Friends - Shaker Card | Jeannie Lieu (InsideoutJeans)

Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing my card using the newly released Peeking Easter Friends. Does this set not scream spring time!? Did you pick up this set for Easter? 

When I saw this stamp set, it reminded me of one of my favorite GSD sets, Hoppiness. Unlike the Hoppiness set (where there's a fence), I needed to create something for the animals to be peeking from so I came up with a border of eggs, using the three from the set. I used full adhesive post-its to create masks for the three eggs and I stamped them on a piece of A2 paper until I had a full border. Afterwards, I wanted to stamp the bunny and the duck directly onto the border, but I realized that I should have done that first. The trick with masking is that you have to stamp the images you want in the front first. I ended up having to fussy cut the border, and the animals. 

Once I had my animals, I added them to the border. I debated whether I wanted to just do a flat or a dimensional card. Since the eggs had so much color to them, the colored cardstock seemed a bit plain for a background. I don't think you can tell from the photo but I embossed the background with a flower font, fitting of the Easter holiday. But even with the embossed background, it still looked plain to me, I decided that making it into a shaker card would liven it up. I added two layers of foam tape on the border, acetate to the front, and shaker bits in the middle. For the sentiment, I stamped in Happy Easter and added it to the front. 

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. It's bright and colorful, just like spring time. I can't wait for the weather to get warmer! 


Thanks for stopping by to see how I created this card. I'll be back next week to share another card using this set in a different way. Until then!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!