Monday, October 2, 2017

Guest Designer - Reindeer & Tree set

Happy Monday!!! It's Mindy from Mindy Eggen Design and I am thrilled to be back guest designing with Gerda Steiner Designs this month! Here is a look at the set of my colored images. How stinkin cute are these?!  I was having so much fun that I was able to create TWO cards with this set AND bonus for you - I have a video for them! You can view it down below on my blog or over on my Youtube Channel HERE. Supplies will be listed at the bottom of the post.




I started my whole process by coloring the entire stamp set. I used Neenah White cardstock and Simon Says Stamp black ink. I used my Scan n Cut to cut out the images. 

For the background for my first card, I used Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks. I also inked up a piece of cardstock with Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover and die cut the trees from it. 

I added a snow hill under the trees, trimmed my distressed piece down to 3 3/4" x 5" and added that to an A2 size cardbase. I lined up where my reindeer would go and stamped my sentiment. Before I actually added the reindeer, I added a little bit of  C1 for shading right underneath them like they are casting a shadow. 



My second card is pretty similair to the first. I ink blended Wilted Violet, Worn Lipstick and Blueprint Sketch for my sky. I used a Stitched Hillside die to create the hills and adding a sentiment before adhering everything together. I also added shading under my images for this card as well.



Copics
Reindeer - E39-37-35-34-33
Antlers/Muzzle - E33-31-30
Nose - R29-24
Santa - R59-39-24, G46-43
Skin - E13-11-01
hat - C2-0
Beard - W3-2-1-0
Boots/Belt - N6-4
Tree - YG09-05-03, E59-55

For a complete supply list you can visit my blog Mindy Eggen Design


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!