Sunday, March 24, 2024

Let's Go Wild On a Night Safari!

 Greetings everyone! It's me again, Jessie Scott (@chevy.scott on IG), Guest Designing for Gerda Steiner Designs!

Today I have another fun collaboration with Pear Blossom Press products to share. I wanted to try a night safari with the super cute (and back on the site to order) Go Wild! stamp set



 

The critters were easy to color with my Ws for the elephant, Ys for the giraffe and OR/Cs for the bird. The Jeep was the hardest for me to color but I settled on this combo. I used my OLO Markers, then cut out the headlights and window for some fun detail with vellum headlight covers and acetate for the windshield. 

 

I blended the beautiful safari sunset with Distress Oxides and then sealed it with the Distress Glaze (rub on with paper towel and smooth off excess) to hold that bright color. I always seal my oxide blends that I want to keep bright otherwise over time the color will go chalky since it is water reactive with the moisture in the air. 



Next up is getting all of this together as a completed light up card! Head on over to my blog today for the companion post! I even have a fun assembly video to see how easy it is to make this jeep wobble and headlights on just in time for sunset!


Here's the finished project!



See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!