Friday, September 22, 2023

I Love Fall Most of All

 Hello crafty friends!  My name is Maureen Hayes and I am beyond delighted to be guest designer for Gerda Steiner!  I have been a fan of these stamps for years and it’s a dream come true to be making cards on this blog.



I started out by stamping all my images using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Neenah 80lb. Solar White paper, since I knew I would be Copic Coloring.  For this Fall themed card, I used the adorable 3 x 4 stamp set called Pumpkin Bear.


I used the following Copic Markers to color the images:

R29, R32, YR04, YR07, YR09, YR16, G07, G28, E09, E19, E31, E55, E57


I also used my Signo white Gel pen for highlighting and a Black gel pen for his nose.




After I finished my coloring I fussy cut out each piece and put them aside.  Then I took a stitched circle die and cut it out using Bristol Smooth Vellum Paper and inked it using Distress Ink in Fossilized Amber.  Then I spritzed it with water and patted it dry to create a bit of texture.  I set the circle aside to dry.

Then I inked up a Unity stamp by Gracielle called Buffalo Check Background with the Fossilized Amber Distress Ink and stamped that on Neenah 80lb. Solar White Cardstock. After letting that dry completely I started by cutting my circle, already inked with Fossilized Amber.  I cut off the bottom 1/4 of the circle, giving me a straight line across the bottom of the circle.  Next I began to play with my placement of my stamps, layering the circle on the Buffalo Checked Background and the adorable Gerda Steiner stamps next.  I decided the that my Bear needed to be standing on something and found the perfect tree trunk stamp in my MFT Happy Hedgehogs stamp set.  I found the sentiment in my Impression Obsession Thanksgiving Sentiment Stamp.  



I placed the tree trunk down first, with my cute little bear standing on it and popped up the pumpkins and gourd with some foam tape to give it a little dimension.

Lastly I added a little something by putting orange dimensional drops randomly on the card to finish it off.  I hope you like the end result and give it a try yourself.  You can use any one of the adorable stamps Gerda Steiner makes and adapt the idea for your season or occasion.

Thank you for dropping by today and I hope you enjoyed this card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!