Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Penguin Birthday Shaker Card

Hello everyone, it's Karen here today and I hope you had a good Christmas holiday! I've got a shaker birthday card for you today with some happy, little penguins.

I've used the Penguin Cake - 4x6 Clear Stamp - GSD799, to create the cake and penguins.  I masked the two front penguins after stamping them on some Neenah Solar Crest card, and then stamped the cake and the middle penguin afterwards.  I used Copic markers to colour everything in, and then attached the image to the front of an A2 sized card.  I added some Distress Oxide Shaded Lilac ink around the outside of the penguins in a circular shape.

The paper for the card front is from the Grunge Light collection by Craft Consortium, and I cut out a circle that was big enough to allow the penguins to show through.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set, and I just used Versamark ink and white embossing powder and heat set it.  On the back of the card front,  I placed double sided adhesive tape around the opening, removed the backing paper, and then attached a piece of acetate that was big enough to cover the opening.  Next, I placed two layers of foam tape all around the opening and over the rest of the back of the card front.  I added some shaker bits over the penguins, before removing the backing of the foam tape and adhering the card front to the base. 

I used the Memory Box Bubble Circles die to cut the rings out from white cardstock - I cut two of these.  I actually cut the circles from scraps of inked up card I already had, but I think it would be even easier to just use markers or pencil crayons to colour in the circles.  I added Stickles Glitter Glue over top of the circles and let it dry before attaching the rings to the card front with glue.  And then all that's left, is to give the card a good shake!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!