Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Hedgehog Valentines Day Card

Hello everyone, it’s Karen, and I’ve got a fun little Valentines Day card to share with you today. I’ve used the sweet “Hedgehog with Gifts” stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs to create this card. 



The background was made from ink blending on my card front with Distress Oxide inks in Worn Lipstick and Tattered Rose and then I splattered it with some gold and silver Starry Colours paints from Tsukineko. I die cut the border with one of the “Hearstrings” border dies from Sunny Studios. I mounted this on my card base and then stamped and clear embossed the sentiment below it on the card base.  The sentiment is from the “Valentine Penguins” stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs. 

I copic coloured the hedgehogs and added a few eyelashes and a hair bow to the hedgehog I chose to be a girl. I also drew a few hearts on the gift package to add to the valentines theme. I used a craft knife to cut around the the hand that holds the gift on the male hedgehog, so I could put the ribbon behind his hand. I found the flowers as a small extra stamp in in one of my stamp sets and added that to his other hand. I mounted both the hedgehogs on foam tape and attached them to the background. Finally, I die cut some hearts from foiled cardstock and added them around the hedgehogs. 

I hope you’re having a great day and thanks for joining me today. 

Copic markers used: Body - C1, C2, E40, R00  Back - W7, W5, W2, N4, E53

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!