Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Who Let the Reindeer Out?!

Hello, and welcome! It’s Karen here again and I’ve got two Christmas cards to share with you today featuring the Reindeer and a Tree stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs.  We’ve had our Thanksgiving here in Canada, and Halloween is almost here, so I’ve been on a roll making Christmas cards lately - I hope that’s not too early for you!  I’m trying very hard to use my stamps and dies more frequently but in different ways, so since I had two cards made with this set, I thought I’d share both of them with you.



I stamped all the adorable reindeer and the Santa images and copic coloured them in (copic markers used are listed below), and then cut out my images.  I used a snow marker (Marvy Embellishing Snow Marker) on Santa’s hat trim and pompom to give them some dimension. I also added some Glossy Accents to Rudolph’s nose and the collars.



For my background, I cut from white cardstock, 3 layers of the “Simply Diamonds“ die from PinkFresh Studios and saved one layer of the inner die cut pieces.  I ink blended these smaller, inset pieces with a mix of Distress Oxide inks in Festive Berries, Barn Door, Candied Apple, Lucky Clover, Mowed Lawn and Crushed Olive. After gluing together the die cut panels, I adhered them to my card base and then inset the ink blended pieces.  

Then I adhered the reindeer and Santa with foam tape inside the diamonds on the panel.  The sentiment is from Picket Fence Studios “Santa’s Sleigh Ride” and I just thought it went well with all these somewhat mischievous looking reindeer. Finally, I added some Studio Katia Icy Sparkle crystals. 

And for my second card ...


For this card, I copic coloured the images which are all from the same stamp set.  I added the ornaments, lights, and candy cane from the set because I wanted to make it look like the reindeer were having a little too much fun with the decorating.  I added some black cord around the reindeer with the lights, and glued it behind his back. Then I glued the lights around and under the cord.

I made the strip of patterned paper from various papers I had in my stash.  I cut them into strips and then used a tape gun to adhere them to a piece of cardstock on the diagonal. I embossed a piece of white cardstock for the bottom half.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set too - bonus! - and I just embossed it with gold embossing powder. I added a little ink blending behind the patterned strip with Distress Ink Festive Berries, and popped the reindeer up on foam tape. 

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you’re having a great day!

Copic markers used:

Reindeer - E51, E53, E25, E33, N6, N4, R20, R00, YR23 and R29
Santa - R39, R29, R35, N6, N4, YR23, C0, C1, C2, E000, R20, R00

2 comments:

  1. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!