I thought today I'd create with this adorable little surfing cutie, our "Surfing Duck" digital stamp.
1. I printed out my digital stamp and sentiment on my inkjet computer onto 65# white cardstock.
2. I die cut the shape around my digital image.
3. After taking my die cut shape out of the die, I masked all the edges so I could ink the back ground.
4. I created a mask for my little duckie. You can print your image out onto a post-it note paper and fussy cut it out OR masking paper.
5. I added my mask to my duck and then I used Distress Oxide inks (sky: Tumbled Glass, Blueprint Sketch; land: Tea dye, Vintage Photo; water: Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch) to create my background. Then I used some white acrylic paint and White Gel Pen to add the white to the waves.
6. I removed the mask and colored in my duckie with Copic Markers.
7. I also added some colored pencil grass to my sandy dune.
8. Patterned Paper dimensions:
- Chevron: 4 3/16" x 5 7/16"
- Starry: 1 1/2" x 5 7/16"
- Starry Mat: 1 5/8" x 5 7/16"
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you get lots of time to create this weekend!
~ Ally ~
stamps: Gerda Steiner Designs (Surfing Duck)
cardstock: Recollections (110# & 65#)
patterned paper: Taylored Expressions (Summer Nights 6x6)
inks: Distress Oxide (Tumbled Glass, Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye), Sakura (White Gel Pen), Copic Markers, Polychromos Pencils