Monday, October 26, 2015

Cute and Clean Monster

Well, hello there, crafters! Today is my last day as a member of the Gerda Steiner Design Team. It's been a fantastic year and I had a blast to be part of Gerda's journey from digi stamps, to rubber stamps, to clear stamps. As you have seen, I am totally in love with her monster stamp set and this will be my parting card. But hey, don't be sad! I have some christmas cards with the "Peeking Friends" stamp set in store for you that I will share later this year, just in time for the season, so you'll see me back as a guest designer :)



In my mind, monsters are not scary and ugly, but rather happy little critters that enjoy a good sunset and like to chill, just like we do. So that's what I tried to create with this little guy. I did a bit of masking and distress inking and realized just how much I love using that medium.


Of course I had to add a few accents to the little guy with a silver pen, and googley eyes to make him funny. And because I thought it was hilarious, I added a few butterflies with silver ink, then the sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays and voila, we have a love-struck monster with a silly love-sick grin on his face.


I hope you enjoyed this project and keep checking out what Gerda Steiner Designs will come out with in the future. There are some pretty neat christmas sets ready for the season, and I can't wait to see where Gerda will go next year. Thanks for the incredible journey!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how CUTE!! I LOVE the colors you used on this. The background is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a pity to read this is your last post! Your card is gorgeous. Nice background! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha what a fun and sweet card! Love your colouring and the cute stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!