Friday, July 22, 2016

VIDEO: Watercoloring a Galaxy Background

Happy Friday, friends!  It's Tara from Curl E. Cue's and today's set of cards is full of all kinds of watercolor, galactic fun!  I just keep coming back to these super cute space themed stamp sets from Gerda Steiner Designs!  When you have both Blast Off and Alien Invasion the possibilities are just endless!


Today I tried my hand at creating a galaxy background using watercolors.  My inspiration for these cards came from Heather over at Houses Built of Cards.  She does these amazing ink blended backgrounds behind black and white stamped images and I really wanted to try it!  So I went with galaxies behind fun aliens and rockets and stuff!


The trick to these backgrounds is truly just practice!  I think that my third card turned out way better than my first one as I figured out how much of the colors I like showing through and how the paint layered on top of itself.  Check out the video to see how I created each one!  I do love that I used the same technique and each card looks really different!


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  See you next time!  Bye!


1 comment:

  1. Tara, once again, an amazing video! I appreciate that you showed the making of all three cards, it was so helpful to see how your painted backgrounds evolved with each one! I agree, the addition of the white splatter stars really makes it look like a universe! So, so cool...I love all three cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!