Thursday, December 14, 2017

Guest Design: Valentine Penguins by Anika Lerche

Hey stampers, Anni here!

I am so happy to be a guest designer this month again for Gerda Steiner. Yeah!
This time I played with the super cute set Valentine Penguins.



I started by stamping the penguin with the balloon with alcohol marker friendly black ink. As the penguin is easy to colour with the main colours being black and white I put a little more effort into couloring the balloon.
A good trick I learned from th internet is to google something like "heart balloon comic". You get a lot of images where you can find inspirations for colouring the balloon: Where to set the shadows and highlights.


After finishing the colouring I added some shimmer to the balloon and some details with a gel pen in black for the eyes and in white for the highlights. Then I fussy cut out the image.

To create the background I used watercolour paper, some ink pads and colour powder. I die cut clouds from the background and adhered it with dimensional adhesive. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the cardbase in Versafine ink. and that finished up my card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni

1 comment:

  1. its so very adorable!

    happy holidays! 🎄🎅⛄
    hugs , Fiki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!