Friday, August 5, 2016

Video: Playing with Patterned Paper featuring Playful Kittens

Happy happy Friday, all!  It's Tara from Curl E. Cue's and I, for one, am pretty stoked about the weekend happening tomorrow!  So to kick things off right, I am sharing this adorable card featuring the sweetest little kitty from the Playful Kittens stamp set!!  I just adore his little face and had to color him like my Egon (yes, he is named after Dr. Egon Spengler from the original Ghostbusters - we are just that cool).


I colored Egon in using Copic markers and then cut him out with a stitched rectangle die.  The bulk of this card is about using some really fun patterned papers in new ways.  Using a scalloped border die I created the vertical strip behind the focal piece and then muted the pattern with a velum overlay.  I used a bit of leftover paper of that same patter and cut out some of the hearts to add as accents on top of the velum.  For the sentiment on this card I used some of the little strips that come in the paper pad.  I am really bad about always ignoring the pages that have sentiments or little design squares that are meant to be cut out and used so I thought I'd give that a try.  It was just lucky that there was the perfect sentiment for my kitty!


I finished up the card with some sequins and added Glossy Accents to all of the cut out hearts to make them seem like enamel embellishments!  That way everything coordinates perfectly since it is all from the same paper pad!  The subtle gray paw prints in the background really tie everything in together!


Thank so much for joining me today!  I hope you enjoyed today's project and I'll see you again soon!  Bye!

4 comments:

  1. This is a adorable card : I'd love to take a nap with your little kitty, he's so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just showed up in my IG feed and I'm so glad you did!! LOVE this kitty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!