Friday, August 19, 2016

VIDEO: Creating a Moonscape featuring Bats Halloween

Hi there, all!  It's Tara and today I am so excited to be sharing a project using the brand new Gerda Steiner Designs Bats Halloween stamp set!  I am super stoked for fall and Halloween - it is my absolute favorite time of year and the best time to make cards!!  When I saw this new set I did a happy dance!  These bats are so adorable and I love that there are sentiments for occasions other than Halloween! 


For this project I wanted to try my hand at a nighttime moonscape.  I have never attempted to create the light glow around the moon and though it looked like fun!  Turns out, it wasn't as tricky as I anticipated!  I like when that happens!


Once my night scene was created a I used Distress Inks to watercolor the moon to add some texture.  Using the same technique I colored in the adorable little bat!  I added a sentiment with some Liquid Platinum embossing powder (this color is divine!) and this card was done!!


Thank you all so much for stopping by! I'll see you again soon!  Bye!

17 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love Halloween and this bat is too cute. I really like the night sky too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, thanks for showing how to make the moonscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moon absolutely glows! Fantastic tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, this bat is adorable. And with your super mega glowing moon behind it, the card is awesome ! I'll definitively have to try it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fa-boo-lous coloring! Love this fun Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!! I've not seen this technique before and I totally love it. It looks amazing!! Thank you for the tutorial! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!