Thursday, February 29, 2024

Hoppy Easter


Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to have the opportunity to share a card today using the new release "Hoppy Easter".  These two bunnies are adorable and I'm loving the hint of spring in this card (especially since the weather’s all over the place in the midwest at the moment).

I wanted a lighter feel from this card and decided to back the bunnies with some branches.  To create these, I used a stamp from Pink Fresh  called "Artistic Foliage" in a Misti to stamp on watercolor paper.  To color the stamp, I used Tim Holtz watercolor pencils, dipped in water, and colored on small sections of the stamp at a time (so it wouldn't not dry out).  Then I stamped this and repeated until the entire image is completed.


I choice to use several different shades of greens and browns to get a more natural look.  After I was done stamping the whole image, I went over some of the lines with a water brush to blend out the edges a bit.  Once this was dry I used a die to cut these out, then cut the large branch into two pieces.


Originally, I had planned to use Derwent Inktense pencils to color the basket and bunnies, but after seeing how the branches turned out I decided to stick with the Tim Holtz watercolor pencils for everything.  I stamped the basket on watercolor paper and used a water brush directly to the pencil, picking up color, then to the paper.  To keep the color light, I did not use any direct pencil to the paper.

I finished this card by cutting a scalloped edged rectangle from white cardstock for a backing.  Then I cut the basket out with a scalloped circle die (using a rectangle die after this to create a corner).  I laid out the branches to determine where I wanted them to be, then glued them down (letting them sit under a book for a bit).  To finish up, I attached the circle piece with a couple of foam dots to lift it up.

Thank you so much for reading and hopefully you found a little bit of spring in this card.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!