Saturday, November 11, 2023

Playing in the Snow!

 Hello Crafty Peeps!


It’s Maureen back with another sneak peek at the adorable “Seasons Tweetings” stamp set.  I want to thank Gerda, Mace and everyone at Gerda Steiner , LLC for having me as a guest designer, it has been such a dream come true and a heck of a lot of fun as well.

Onto the card. . .



These adorable birdies are so fun to create with.  For this card I wanted the “whole gang” together.

I started by drawing lightly with my pencil a snowdrift and then I stamped each of my cute birdie friends out on some masking paper.  Then I stamped each bird on the card where I wanted them and put the mask over them.  I also masked the bottom of the card.  I used Tim Holtz Salty Ocean to ink blend in the horizon/ice line.  Then I removed the masks and got coloring!

After I finished my coloring, I cut my panel using a scalloped die frame and matted it on a Michael’s red shimmer card stock panel.  I decided I wanted to play with more elements from the kit, so I drew a “wire” line from the “Seasons Tweetings” sentiment and stamped the ornament and star included in the set hanging down from the wire.  After those were colored, I added in some sequins for a “snow effect” and finally I used my white gel pen to clean up a few places, add highlights and some texture to the Santa hats on the birds.  Finally, I added glossy accents to the birds eyeglasses (I mean how adorable is he!) and to the Christmas ornaments and stars, just to make them pop a little more.

Here’s another look at the finished card:




I hope you enjoyed looking at what I have created with this adorable set and that it will inspire you to create your cards and projects with it.

Copic colors used:

R22, R24, R29, R39
G24, G28
Y11, Y19, Y35
E25, E27, E31, E33
C00, C1, C2

Thanks again for stopping by, please leave a comment and a like and make sure to pick up this set as soon as it becomes available!

Maureen

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!