Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Rockin’ Birthday Card

Hello again and welcome, it’s Karen here today.  There’s a new release at Gerda Steiner Designs and I’ve chosen the You Rock stamp set to use on my card today. This is such a fun set to use for those younger people in our lives … oh, who am I kidding? It’s good for those older people too! So here’s the card I came up with. 


It’s almost a one layer card too!  I popped the snail in the front up on foam tape, so I think that means it doesn’t qualify as a true one layer card.  I created the background by stencilling on my card front. I used the  MFT Grassy Edges stencil and some Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink for the grassy section.  I created a little hill for the main rock to sit on as well.  For the sky, I used the Cloud Edger stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and some Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud ink in the Clear Day shade.  

I used my Copic markers to colour in the images, and have listed them below if you’re interested.  After fussy cutting everything out, I added some Glossy Accents to the sunglasses.  I positioned all the characters on the front to determine my layout and where I wanted the music symbols to go.  I then stamped on and clear heat embossed, the music symbols ( I did add some more music symbols from the Carol Kittens stamp set).  Finally, I glued the characters down and popped the front snail up on foam tape before adhering him down.  On the inside, I stamped the sentiment “Hope Your Birthday Rocks”.  So another quick and easy card! Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you are having a great day! 


Copic Markers used:

Rocks - W2, W3, W4, W5

Snails - BV23, BV34, V20

Mouse - C3, C2, C1, C0, R00

Guitar - R39, R29, R35


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!