Thursday, August 23, 2018

Guest Design - Upside Down Falmingo by Ana A

Hello crafty friends! 






I am so excited and honored to be guest designing today for Gerda Steiner Designs!

For today's project I am sharing two cards using new adorable and so funny Upside Down Flamingo set from the newest Gerda Steiner Designs release.

This silly bird made me smile so wide and as soon as I saw the image I had many ideas for funny cards, tags and other project!




For my first card I set the flamingo image in the tropical setting with a large palm tree, lots of coconuts, sandy beach and a tropical sunset.

I used alcohol markers to color all the images and Distress inks to create the sunset.
The dies for the palm tree, sandy beach and card panel are from My Favorite Things and the silhouette birds are from last year's Hero Arts kit. 
The sentiment - from the Upside Down Flamingo set - was white heat embossed with Hero Arts white embossing powder.

To have my flamingo stand out from the rest of the elements I fussy cut the image and used foam tape to give it dimension.

This card makes me so happy and also makes want to take a tropical vacation :)








For my second card I used a stencil from my stash and distress ink in mowed lawn to create a gradient look for my background. Once the background was dry I die cut the panel with the largest stitched scalloped rectangle die from Kat Scrappiness and stamped the sentiment in the top right corner with black ink.




I colored the flamingo with alcohol makers and fussy cut him out then added foam tape to pop him up on the card panel.

I really hope you like these Upside Down Flamingo cards and got inspired :) 


Supplies:

  • Stamps - Upside Down Flamingo
  • Dies - My Favorite Things, Kat Scrappiness
  • Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb, 110lb base cardstock
  • Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Mini ink cubes
  • Alcohol markers
  • Foam adhesive, liquid adhesive, white gel pen








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!