Saturday, April 21, 2018

Unexpected card using Dachshunds - Jeannie Lieu (InsideoutJeans)

Hi there! Today, I'm focusing one image from the Dachshunds stamp set to be the main focus of the card. It's a bit unexpected since this set is mainly about the dogs and I'm using just the balloon.

I wanted to use Kraft paper for the card along with colored pencils. I used a pigment ink and full adhesive Post-its to stamp and add multiple balloons to the card. Using colored pencils, I laid down some white colored pencils where I wanted the highlight of the balloon to be. I used two similar color shades, using the darker one for the edge of the balloon and the lighter one for the interior. These colored pencils blend quite easily. Placing the highlight down really helps the color pop and I only lightly go over it with the lighter shade.


It is such a simple card but all the colors of the balloons really pop. I really loved how it turned out. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the card.  

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! I have this set (proud Dachshund Mom) and look forward to making a card like this :-) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!