Saturday, April 14, 2018

Have a Ball! - Jeannie Lieu (InsideoutJeans)

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've shared one of my cards and I really am loving this one. If you're a fan of animals, especially doggies, this Dachshunds stamp set is for you! You'll see that I used the Hoppiness stamp set as well to add a few extra elements to the card as well.

I used a grassy hills die to create a stencil. Using distress inks, I colored two layers of the grass. I definitely wanted to use two of the dogs in the set. I like how the first dog is looking back. I can't really tell if he's looking at that butterfly on his tail or the other dog chasing the tennis ball.



Since the second dog looked to be moving, I wanted to put him in action. And what dog doesn't love chasing balls? I just had to have him chase the tennis ball included in this set. I create a pull tab channel so he could run towards the ball.

I used two sentiments in this card: It's Your Birthday and Have A Ball. The first one is prominent on the front of the card, but the second one is hidden until the dog fetches the ball. It's a small surprise for the card recipient.


I used the hearts and the butterfly from the Hoppiness set so I could add pop of color to the card. It looked a little too plain with just the doggies. I think it helps add that special something to the card. 

I hope you enjoyed this card and picked up the set. It's so fun! Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!